kestrel (
medievalism) wrote2026-07-26 06:47 pm
Entry tags:
The Sin: Bliss preview
I know I can't make a judgement from a short clip of a song. It could be the catchiest part of of a song or a melody. There could be elements in other parts of the song that don't vibe, whatever. Based solely on this preview, I'm pretty excited to hear each song in full. This album sounds cohesive and in a style I enjoy a lot. The visual bring The Lost Boys to mind.
1. Two Fools
First things first, I did not recognize Sunghoon's face in the video for a solid four seconds. WOOPS! I wonder if this bit is a chorus. It has very chorus-y vibes to me and I would enjoy hearing it repeated in the full song.
2. Stuck
This clip sounds more like a close of a song. There's an urgency to it, a forward sort of momentum that I like. Since this album follows the lovers who ran away to be together, I think that's a fitting feeling.
3. Bad For You
Without a doubt, this is going to be a standout song for Sunoo. His vocals are so emotive just in this brief clip. I can tell from his Weverse comments that he's proud of his work on this song, so I'm eager to hear the rest of it. It sounds like a nice break from the urgency of Stuck and the hyper and chaotic tone of Checkmate that follows.
4. Checkmate
Breakneck pace with undertones of EDM and a smidge of industrial. Jay's vocals in the preview suit this perfectly, versatile rockstar that he is. I can imagine a bunch of people jumping around to this at the right kind of club.
5. Highlight
This one dials back the intensity for a more pop-rock sort of sound that isn't too bubblegum. It doesn't feel like tonal whiplash, but a relief with it's steady melody and "so we made it this far" lyrics.
6. Bloody Paradise (title track)
I'm not sure why people have been saying "funk" when the first teasers of this song were played. Based on this, it follows more closely to the EDM and industrial leanings of Checkmate without the breakneck, urgent pace. I can see why this was chosen for a title track to promote, I think it will have amazing choreo. I have reserve judgement on the song until I've heard more clear vocals on it.
